January 12, 2010

Wonderland Wedding

When people think of Alice in Wonderland images of the Mad Hatter, the White Rabbit or Alice come to mind. For me I picture the Queen of Hearts and painting the roses red. I drew upon those ideas when I sketched out the Queen of Hearts wedding cake. The black diamonds and red heart accents remind me of the cards and the red roses, well of course they had to be incorporated in the cake. I topped the cake with amazing Swarovski crystal initials and a whimsical heart, all made by http://www.verydifferentcakes.com/
After bringing my vision to reality I began to look for photos to build a collage to show my ideas of a wonderland wedding fit for a queen.
I came across these amazing fashion collages on Polyvore. I think while they are not wedding images they represent the style I was thinking of when I created the cake. 055Take Me To Wonderland !
I have also created the following collage to show how this style can be applied when planning a wedding, such as table cards, shoes, gowns, save the dates, venue decor, and florals.
wonderland wedding
Here are just a few more images of the cake while on display at the Bridal Showcase.

No comments:

Post a Comment